Friends Bookshops Opening!
Bookshops in branches open April 19, and the Friends Center and Bookshop at 125 Olde Greenwich Drive, Suite 150, Fredericksburg opens April 21!
We are not yet able to accept donations at any location, and holds pickup has not returned to the Friends Center and Bookshop.
Here are some of the ways library funding is used to support our community's needs for learning and enrichment:
Using the library to check out books, eBooks, and eAudios, learn new skills on Lynda.com, and stream movies on Kanopy saves money.
In 2019, CRRL customers saved $49,327,119 by checking out books and other physical materials, and $2,960,970 by checking out eBooks and eAudios, instead of purchasing those items. CRRL customers accessing Lynda.com saved $240-$460 on annual subscriptions.
To see how much money you have saved, visit the American Library Association’s Library Value Calculator.
Tell the Stafford Board of Supervisors what you value about the way the library uses funds to support the community.
1. Email your comments and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll forward them to all members of the Stafford Board of Supervisors.
2. Contact the Board of Supervisors by phone.
3. The Stafford Board of Supervisors welcomes participation in public hearings, which are held the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Stafford County residents can sign up to speak during public hearings, or submit comments online or by mail. For a schedule of public hearings, and to sign up or submit comments, visit staffordcountyva.gov/924/Public-Hearings.
4. Send letters to the editor:
5. Follow CRRL Friends of the Library on Facebook and comment and share our posts.
5. Post on social media tagging @crrlfriends and @crrlnews and using the hashtags #CRRLBetterTogether and #staffordva
6. Comment on news stories you see on social media.
7. Share this page with anyone you know in Stafford County who is interested in supporting the library and keeping their library!